Monday, September 20, 2010

my little gift

This is Jaimie. She was the first kid at the children's home that I got to know. Now, everytime before I leave, she gives me a kiss on the cheek and says "te quiero mucho" - I love you a lot. Today before I left, she leaned in to give me my ritual kiss on the cheek and whispered in my ear "Usted esta un regalo para me"  (You are a gift to me). I melted, I had to hold back tears. Those moments are what I want to define my life, not things of the world. 

3 comments:

  1. Aww this was really sweet! And I really did read it, man i'm such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Your love for those children will change their lives forever! God commanded us to love others and you're doing a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacy, this is so incredibly awesome and sweet!!! I miss those precious children, give them hugs and kisses for me! I hope everything is going great, i have been praying for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete