- Standing in front of a room full of kids knowing whatever I say, they will most likely believe it to be true - how powerful
- When I see them using things I've taught them outside of school or out of class
- When I hear kids using spelling words they wouldn't have otherwise known about
- When I try to be mad at them but then they say something so funny I just break and they laugh at how weak I am
- When their broken english doesn't make sense, or even when it does make sense, just used in the most hilarious ways
- When they say "shrimps" and "homeworks" and "drink a pill"
- Coffee in the mornings to get me through the day
- "Surprise Birthday parties" in the teachers lounge with Profe Norma's Tres Leches y Coca!
- Donya Ketty's burritas.....and sin nombres....and lunches....especially hot dog day
- Seeing the girls actually start trying and improving in PE despite the negative connotation women get here for being athletic.
- The bell that rings after lunch time when we all realize we have to get up off the couches and go teach again
- 7:30 classes
- Kids yelling "MEEEEEEEEEESE, MEEEEEEEEEEESE"
- Kids yelling "I'M FINISHED"
- Civic hour when its hot outside and I'm still sleepy
- 3-4 hour meetings where EVERY teacher has to say their opinion about everything (teachers way)
- When I miss copy day and have to bribe Maribel to make my own copies
- When 2-3 of the kids gang up on me and try to get under my skin
- Writing lesson plans!!!
This list is definitely on-going for the next week or so - but I am both happy/sad to see tomorrow come. I really have enjoyed teaching, I never ever thought I would go down that road, but thats how God works a lot of ways. I felt his power and him equipping me all along the way - and it turned out to be a total life-changing, life-making journey. Through all the good and the bad - I will remember most the good and always be thankful for this season of my life. Gracias a Dios